Joel Philips

Advanced Member

• 226 posts
  • Player Alias:Annie
  • Timezone:Mountain
  • Play-By:Michael Vartan
  • Spouse:Erica Kim

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

Joel was a detective for a reason. He could pick up on things that others couldn't. He focused on details that others may ignore. Not him though. He noticed those kinds of things, and he was able to put everything together. Most of the time. He had better; it was his job after all. And for that he was able to tell that though Erica had her baby girl, she wanted to know exactly what was going on. There was a reason why the doctor had spoken to Joel; he was the husband, he was the one told the important stuff. Joel sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "They were premature, Erica. Of course there were going to be complications." He ran a hand through her hair from where he stood. "But the doctors are doing what they are can of course. Just relax and enjoy Ivy for the moment."

#27 Guest_Erica Philips_*

Guest_Erica Philips_*

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

Erica quickly quirked her brow as she held Ivy to her chest, her hands holding the baby  gently as she had not really suspected that everything was going to be ok.But the fact that they were now a more  complete family. Yes she was a little confused at the fact that she had so much in her head. "When do you think I can see him. " she said with a strained voice as she wanted to at least have some form of confirmation that her husband cared about her, that he cared about the matter at hand. That he was worried that something crossed his head and it was not just the day to day emotions. Yes she was not moving, he might have been surprised at that.But she wanted to be comforted as well in the best way possible. Could she ask that, even.

#28 Joel Philips

Joel Philips

Advanced Member

• 226 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

Sigh. He was going to have to keep her calm. That's what the doctors had said. She had given birth prematurely; the babies weren't the only ones that might have complications. Pulling a chair over, Joel sat in it and leaned close to the bed. At least she wasn't freaking out, but he could tell it would happen soon enough if she didn't start getting some answers. "Once you've rested. Then we can go and see him while he's in his incubator. We won't be able to hold him, but if we wear gloves, we can hold his hand or something through it." He had seen it before and while it was sad, it was the way things were. "But you need to rest. Ivy needs her mother too," he reminded her.

#29 Guest_Erica Philips_*

Guest_Erica Philips_*

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

She sighed and nodded as she understood what the whole thing was about. "Yes  I completely understand." she said as she looked at her baby as she saw its eyes the same as Joel's as she smiled. "So how do you think the kids will handle these two" she said as she wondered and was curious as she had not really expected things to be so quickly over and done with.She knew everything in their life was moving fast. But she wanted to thank her husband for giving her this gift. "Next time I am in bed with you  I will thank you properly" she said and winked her eyes at him as she hoped that they were alone at least for now. Her hand stroking the child's cheek as she was blushing all of a sudden.

#30 Joel Philips

Joel Philips

Advanced Member

• 226 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

Ok, good. She wasn't going to argue with him. Because they didn't need that right now. She needed to rest and he was too tired to argue. Sure he wasn't as tired as Erica, but he had stayed up with her and been by her side the entire labor so of course he was exhausted. But he wouldn't complain. Erica had yet to truly sleep and so he had no room to complain since she had done harder worker than he had. But still, he was happy for no arguing.

For a moment he had forgotten about his other children even though he had brought them up first. Sighing, Spencer shrugged. "Janessa will be excited and constantly told to need to be quiet, and Lonny probably won't like the attention swaying from him, but he won't really know what's going on so he won't complain." It was a quick assessment and an appropriate one at that.

Joel smirked but shook his head. "Not for at least two or three weeks," he told her. No sex until then. "Doctors orders. Though I think for you, it should be a little bit longer." She had given birth early after her. Her body needed time to rest and adjust and get back to normal. Joel could understand that. It was logical, and so he would just have to do without for a while. "Though I appreciate the gesture," he told her, running a hand through her hair as he leaned forward a bit.

#31 Guest_Erica Philips_*

Guest_Erica Philips_*

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

No there was nothing else in the world she wanted more then to be here. "I guess so. Though they are growing up so fast , before you know it Jannesia will be gone from our loves."  she said as she shut up. The word love was one that she usually used but yet at the same time  she could not really say it because she had never really heard Joel say anything about that.   " Ivy has your chin"she told him as she hoped that it would distract him from the current and actual facts about  what she had said. She had not said it just because but with a reason behind it.

#32 Joel Philips

Joel Philips

Advanced Member

• 226 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:13 AM

Before he could nod or comment on what she had said, Erica was changing the subject. Joel looked at his barely an hour old daughter and nodded. "I suppose so," he said. If he looked carefully he could see a resemblance that Ivy had to him and Erica. A good mix he would say though that would probably change with time. Oh well. Right now she just looked like a red, scrunched-face little being to him. One maybe with his chin.

He had to comment on her subject change though. Joel could have let it go, pretend he hadn't heard or noticed, but he knew it would bother Erica so he decided to do her a kindness and relieve some of her stress. "I love Janessa and Lonny, Erica," he told. She may not think he was capable of love or put much store in it - which he didn't. It was something he didn't really believe in. But that was love-love. The love between a parent and child was different. "And I love Ivy and Eric just as much."

#33 Guest_Erica Philips_*

Guest_Erica Philips_*

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

She huffed as she shook her head. " What I meant is if you love me not the kids. You have never told me once. Well do you" she asked very simply and wondered if she was being to bold for her own good. But here she was , lost in a dream and in a  world where everything felt like she was not even important. "Just forget I even asked the question" she said calmly as she started to curl Ivy in a ball as she found herself to be suddenly quite dizzy but she could manage it.  Yet she still wanted to know what he felt but maybe she could ask another time if she found the appropriate time as well

#34 Joel Philips

Joel Philips

Advanced Member

• 226 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:49 AM

Tell her he loved her? Joel raised a brow. He knew he had probably been leading her on. Letting her believe that he cared for her like that. He cared for her. He did. Erica was a sweet, hardworking woman. He appreciated her and everything she did...but love? Now that was something that Joel was not so sure about. She was telling him to forget it but Joel felt things needed to be cleared up at the moment. It may not be the best moment to do so, but she had asked and it would save a lot of heart ache later on. "I don't believe in love, Erica. At least not that kind of love," he told her a bit gruffly before clearing his throat. "I mean...I do care about you," on some level, "but...he leaned down and pressed his lips to her softly, "can't that just be enough?" He cared for her...wasn't that good still? He thought so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 1 user(s)

test